Computing is taught to Year 7 and 8 one lesson per week and will educate our students in the following:
- Email and formal communication
- Access to subject specific and school wide applications
- Networks and folder structures
- Microsoft desktop applications including cross curricular elements pertaining to:
- Word documents
- Power point presentations
- Workbooks and spreadsheets for manipulation of data
- Access database
- Internet and web based applications and sharing data
- Internet safety
- Internet exploration
- Project based formal requirement capture, High Level Design, Boolean logic and verification and validation.
Wherever possible, the computing lessons will dovetail with research and the needs of the specific subjects i.e. the use of photoplus for Art projects; research and data representation of deaths based on the Black Death linking History, Geography and Mathematichs
Year 8 will refresh and build on the knowledge of Year 7.